From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kde er4ror with xsetroot
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 21:55:25
1 Collins Richey wrote:
2 >
3 > I installed kde with emerge kde-base ... which brought in kde-libs and other
4 > stuff.
5 >
6 > When I try to run it, it complains that xsetroot and other x... complain that
7 > display = '' and they die without starting the xserver (root or user
8 > environment). Same restults with
9 > startkde
10 > or
11 > echo kde >.wm
12 > startx
13
14 Hmm, that sounds like your xfree installation has problems. It is really
15 strange that stuff works here and no other user reported such problems.
16 Try ebuild xfree-4.0.3-r3 clean unmerge merge.
17 >
18 > By the way, in setting up users, I discovered that /etc/skel (not a file but
19 > an empty directory) is borken.
20 :) It's not broken, we don't have user specific templates for that dir
21 at the moment. The stuff in that dir
22 gets copied to the users homedir if you call useradd with the -m option.
23
24 bye achim~
27 > --
28 > Collins Richey