From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: enabling ipc-sandbox & network-sandbox by default
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:05:27
1 On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Andreas K. Huettel
2 <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > Am Montag, 12. Mai 2014, 13:15:35 schrieb Alexander Berntsen:
4 >> -1 from me until Portage is capable of detecting if the user's
5 >> operating system supports the FEATUREs, and informing them of this.
6 >>
7 >> I also agree with Ryan that the relevant Linux options should be added
8 >> to the Gentoo Linux menu.
9 >
10 > Same opinion here, please
11 > * have portage detect the OS support
12 > ("You have enabled FEATURES=x, but this is unsupported by your operating
13 > system. Disabling.")
14
15 Portage currently prints a warning based on errno when the unshare(2)
16 call fails for ipc-sandbox or network-sandbox. There is probably no
17 need for fancier detection, but the message could probably be
18 improved.