From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: rsync mirror security (WAS: Re: [gentoo-dev] .gitignore)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 16:45:56
1 On 08/11/2015 06:42 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-08-10, o godz. 22:51:59
3 > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> napisał(a):
6 >> I was wondering if that could be automated in a separate branch (only
7 >> needs to update in 24h intervals).
8 >
9 > Please don't cruft the repo with huge metadata. And I have
10 > metadata-applied mirrors for all repositories at [1].
11 >
12 > [1]:https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/
15 The problem with those mirrors is... the history is gone and the
16 signatures as well. So people would have to clone the metadata-cache
17 from that mirror, put it into the real mirror clone and then probably
18 still update it via egencache, because they are not perfectly in sync.