From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: rsync mirror security (WAS: Re: [gentoo-dev] .gitignore)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 16:48:11
1 Dnia 2015-08-11, o godz. 18:45:40
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On 08/11/2015 06:42 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Dnia 2015-08-10, o godz. 22:51:59
6 > > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> napisał(a):
7 > >
8 > >>
9 > >> I was wondering if that could be automated in a separate branch (only
10 > >> needs to update in 24h intervals).
11 > >
12 > > Please don't cruft the repo with huge metadata. And I have
13 > > metadata-applied mirrors for all repositories at [1].
14 > >
15 > > [1]:https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/
18 > The problem with those mirrors is... the history is gone and the
19 > signatures as well. So people would have to clone the metadata-cache
20 > from that mirror, put it into the real mirror clone and then probably
21 > still update it via egencache, because they are not perfectly in sync.
22
23 I know. I'm planning to improve it when I have some time. So far this
24 was easier because not all repos are git, and I'm not really into
25 trying hard to convert other VCS-es.
28 Best regards,
29 Michał Górny
30 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>