From: Ian Delaney <idella4@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New website: Where the .... is the ....ing documentation link?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 08:02:52
1 On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 05:10:30 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Alec Warner posted on Sun, 05 Apr 2015 09:33:24 -0700 as excerpted:
5 >
6 > > No need to shout.
7 >
8 > Apology to you and others. And thanks.
9 >
10 > While I am of course familiar with CAPS=shout, I always considered it
11 > entire phrases or whole sentences in caps, not single words, which
12 > was simply emphasis.
13 >
14 > But it seems others consider even single caps-words shouting, so from
15 > now on I'll try to use either *bold* or /italics/ emphasis instead.
16 >
17 > Also, as I was reminded, a bug would have been more appropriate. If
18 > events don't make it unnecessary, I'll try to file one later this
19 > week.
20 >
21 > Thanks again.
24 Personally I found your post most entertaining and had me riti (rolling
25 in the isles). Like the use of cap, humour is rather an inexact science
28 kind regards
29
30 Ian Delaney