From: Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for August
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:59:53
1 Hi,
2
3 On 03/08/06, Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> wrote:
4 > You have no concept of where the bottle neck is. The webserver hosting
5 > the cgi part isn't being loaded hardly at all. The database server is a
6 > pretty beefy box, and again, its not so much a specific hardware
7 > limitation, just more a limitation on the design of bugzilla and its
8 > ties to mysql. We're having to 'fix' the problem by getting a
9 > master/slave mysql db server setup which the OSL didn't have setup at
10 > the time. This is apparently the 'solution' upstream suggests which I
11 > think is daft, but its what we have to do.
12
13 I'm curious what the problem is with bugzilla and it's db
14 interactions? You're suggesting a specific issue rather than general
15 db performance issues like fs, io scheduling, raid1, hyperthreads,
16 etc.?
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list