From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python-docs-2.0.1.ebuild
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:18:49
1 On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 07:14:50PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2
3 > > Should I normally also include the digest file ?
4 > No, beacuse a digest can automatically be generated on a developer's machine.
5 > When there's only one ebuild being posted (as here), I prefer not to inculde
6 > any additional files to avoid having to create a directory for the files.
7 > Single-file ebuilds are in portage/incoming/name-xyz.ebuild, multi-file
8 > ebuilds are in portage/incoming/name/<files>.
9
10 Also, the new ibiblio distfiles up-to-dateness script (testing here right now)
11 will cause all missing digests to be added to CVS when I do my next commit,
12 including those in incoming. In fact, the script will auto-update ibiblio with
13 incoming ebuild's archives, which is neat because the sources will already be
14 on ibiblio by the time they get moved to their official locations.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org