From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dilfridge@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Global useflags zeroconf and avahi
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 07:47:30
1 On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 00:43:31 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Am Dienstag, 2. April 2013, 00:27:59 schrieb Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn:
5 > > > I would like to suggest unifying use-flag usage, and use "zeroconf"
6 > > > anywhere.
7 > >
8 > > Sounds good. Do you think the same should apply to non-mDNS/DNS-SD based
9 > > zeroconf like UPnP/SSDP?
10 >
11 > No idea to be honest... :| opinions?
12
13 The flags should be practical. I have no use for DNS-SD and other
14 magical junk, yet use UPnP/IGD for port forwarding. The flags should
15 let me just enable just that without pulling all other possible
16 variants I won't use.
17
18 That said, USE=upnp was cleaned up a while ago. I don't think it should
19 be integrated with zeroconf.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny