From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [rfc] Rendering the official Gentoo logo / Blender 2.04, Python 2.2
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 17:05:28
1 On 23.02.2015 23:34, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > Can't the logo be remade in a more recent version of Blender? Assuming
3 > you can run two separate Blender instances, it would mostly be copying
4 > the poly/vertex values from one to the other.
5 >
6 > I'm not versed in 3-D but it would surprise me if there wasn't a
7 > standard mesh format.
8
9 There was an attempt to port to a recent version of Blender. When
10 comparing renderings, the result is close, but not 1:1. Please check
11 Mario's reply of 2011 in this very thread
12 (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/70870).
13
14 Best,
18 Sebastian