From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] .gitignore
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 06:02:57
1 Dnia 2015-08-13, o godz. 21:17:22
2 Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 07:43:24 -0700
5 > Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > No, there clearly should be some things that are commonly present
8 > > that should never be committed. Those common things should be in a
9 > > global .gitignore. I did not read the entire thread(s) but it seemed
10 > > there was more bikeshedding that was necessary. I had not seen
11 > > mention of an alternate git ignore setting that could be used without
12 > > the need to have a locally modified .gitignore that someone must
13 > > constantly refrain from committing with git constantly reminding them
14 > > it has been modified and lest they be chastised for committing it ;)
17 > We should have common editor artifacts and backup files in there, I
18 > generally use this in just about every repository I touch:
19 >
20 > *~
21 > .*.sw[po]
22 > .*.un~
23 > *#
24 > .#*
25 >
26 > This should cover vim and emacs, if there other editors that like to
27 > drop files around, we should consider adding those as well.0
28
29 set directory=~/tmp,/var/tmp
30
31 It's usually a bad idea to leave temporary files in cwd :P.
34 Best regards,
35 Michał Górny
36 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>