From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Devmanual text on ChangeLogs
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 13:45:22
1 On 4/30/11 3:05 PM, Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
2 > On 14:28 Sat 30 Apr , Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
3 >> If you read the last paragraph in my suggestion was to cycle the logs...
4 > Maybe this would be better together with a mechanism (automatic?) to keep the
5 > complete ChangeLogs (as they are now) somewhere (but not in the main
6 > tree). Sometimes, full history/ChangeLog can be useful, eg. when you
7 > want to see quickly how old a package in the tree is, or find bug numbers of
8 > fixes you may want to recheck etc etc.
9
10 Seconded. I sometimes read entire ChangeLogs, for example for abandoned
11 packages or packages I suspect to be abandoned, sometimes I read them
12 for fun, and so on.
13
14 I'm fine with shipping a trimmed down versions to users, but I think the
15 full version must be easy to access.
16
17 A possible solution would be to truncate the logs in the cvs->rsync
18 migration.