From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why should copyright assignment be a requirement?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:14:55
1 On Thursday 21 August 2003 00:09, Paul wrote:
2 > A long while back, I asked if it was a requirement
3 > for ebuild submiters to assign copyright. I was told
4 > no, GPL license was entirely sufficient. I think this has
5 > changed, or was untrue.
6
7 afaik, it's up to each individual dev atm ... personally i just make my own
8 ebuilds if a submitter copyrights anything other than Gentoo ... that way
9 they cant say i stole it :)
10
11 > Now, Ive already given up on the submission
12 > process, but I _am_ curious about this policy, as I
13 > havent yet given up on Gentoo itself.
14
15 not sure if it was made in policy ...
16 -mike