From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: zmedico@g.o, council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About prepalldocs
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:22:55
1 Mike Auty wrote:
2 > Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> So until we have a decision on what the replacement will be I
4 >> don't see a need to remove current prepalldocs usage but any new usage
5 >> must be avoided.
6 >
7 > If it's simply discouraged, perhaps a repoman check, and some people to
8 > come forward with a better suggestion is all that's necessary? Once the
9 > new system's in place the repoman check can be made fatal, and suggest
10 > the new mechanism. That would save endless "do/don't" conversations on
11 > -dev.
12 >
13 > It might also be worthwhile the council posting another official mail
14 > clarifying the position, so that we can all get on with our lives.
15 > Those that don't agree with the council can take the normal steps to
16 > bring their disagreement to their attention...
17 >
18 > Mike 5:)
19
20 The check was committed to repoman right after the meeting. But as there
21 hasn't been a release since it's not globally available. zmedico: Is
22 there a new release coming or should a new revision be made?
23
24 Also prepalldocs was commented from eutils.eclass for now as it solves
25 nothing and besides the already discovered x-modular.eclass bug we can't
26 be sure if there is more. This was done with blessing from dev-zero and
27 lu_zero so we have required council power for express action.
28
29 20:13 <@Betelgeuse> lu_zero, dev-zero: Shouldn't we nuke prepalldocs
30 from eutils.eclass?
31 20:13 <@dev-zero> Betelgeuse: yes
32 20:15 <@lu_zero> Betelgeuse if the implementation is broken I don't see
33 why not (given portage should still provide one)
34
35 Regards,
36 Petteri