From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 22:50:38
1 Denis Dupeyron:
2 >
3 > I honestly wonder what all the fuss is about.
4
5 It's about a dying project. I am collaborating with it since ~2 years
6 and it isn't getting any better (afais I'm pretty much the only regular
7 collaborator who is not on the team... many others stopped caring).
8
9 So, this is about:
10 The fact that not a single one from the team has responded here.
11
12 The fact that the lead has not contributed regularly to the project in
13 the last year.
14
15 The fact that the lead does not respond to people asking to join the team.
16
17 The fact that the lead didn't care about the SDL2 bump which is
18 basically the most important games related library.
19
20 The fact that most mails to games@ don't get any attention.
21
22 The fact that the IRC channel is almost empty.
23
24 The fact that there is no official overlay to contribute alpha/beta or
25 other WIP ebuilds.
26
27 The fact that there is no active work done on the eclasses and related
28 review requests often simply get ignored.
29
30 The fact that no one is working on improving the projects public
31 appearance (like the wiki).
34 So I am wondering what you are wondering about. Check the commit stats
35 in games-*/ categories. You will not see many people doing any serious
36 work there, except for the ones who were already mentioned in this thread.
37
38 The problems are so obvious, you really have to shut your eyes to not
39 see them.