From: Michiel de Bruijne <m.debruijne@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo's policy on sender id
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:25:39
1 On Monday 06 September 2004 01:44, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 10:00:45AM -0400 or thereabouts, John Davis wrote:
3 > > Hi all -
4 > > Recent [1] announcements [2] from other large projects have prompted
5 > > this inquiry - should Gentoo adopt similar policies regarding Sender ID
6 > > and make a public statement or is it not worth our time?
7 >
8 > I left Debian in large part because of the stupid politics that went on in
9 > that project. I want a distribution that bases its decisions on technical
10 > reasons, rather than political ones.
11 >
12 > Also, for the record, regardless of what decisions are made regarding
13 > including support for SenderID in portage, we *will* be implementing
14 > SenderID on our infrastructure.
15 >
16 > --kurt
17
18 Just out of curiosity; what functionality does Sender ID provide that Sender
19 Policy Framework (SPF) doesn't?
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list