From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:31:24
1 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
2 > On Thursday 24 August 2006 09:52, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
4 >> What? This doesn't make any sense. People bitching and moaning and
5 >> screaming all over -dev until no one else has any interest in pursuing
6 >> anything has nothing to do with who I vote for.
7 > No but in a democracy people who did "a splendid job of becoming more
8 > influential" usually did it through votes somehow. If you just mean that it
9 > discourage others from doing anything, you're right about that.
10 >
11 >> This has nothing to do with the foundation, it manages our intellectual
12 >> property and finances.
13 > So you would keep "democracy" for the foundation?
14
15 It's a very different organization, so a different sort of management is
16 appropriate. The foundation doesn't need to manage hundreds of
17 developers. There's just a single board, copyrights, trademarks, and money.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie
21 --