From: Chris Houser <chouser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gzipped HTML docs in /usr/share/doc
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:43:25
1 There is a "dohtml" command available in ebuild scripts for just this
2 purpose. I think you should feel free to file bugs against any ebuild
3 that installs html files in compressed form.
4
5 --Chouser
6
7 Sebastian Werner wrote: [Tue Feb 19 2002, 3:57:03AM EST]
8 > You are right. Leave all directories which contains html-documentation
9 > without compression or put all files in one tar file and compress this
10 > file.
11 >
12 > Greetings
13 >
14 > Sebastian
15 >
16 > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
17 > Von: gentoo-dev-admin@g.o [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@g.o] Im
18 > Auftrag von Stefan Boresch
19 > Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Februar 2002 09:04
20 > An: gentoo-dev@g.o
21 > Betreff: [gentoo-dev] Gzipped HTML docs in /usr/share/doc
22 >
23 > I have recently stumbled across a lot of gzipped *.html *.htm
24 > files in the /usr/share/doc hierarchy. I don't like it very much
25 > since this breaks all navigation links. My question is: is this
26 > intended, should I write bug reports, should I submit patches (provided
27 > I figure out who is the 'culprit' for the compression (I suppose this is
28 > a 'feature' of ebuild at some level)
29 >
30 > Thanks,
31 >
32 > Stefan Boresch
33 >
34 > PS: Assuming that the compression of documentation is done
35 > semi-automatically by ebuild, might it not be the easiest to either
36 > exclude htm(l) pages from compression, or make the behavior user
37 > controllable...?
43 > gentoo-dev mailing list
44 > gentoo-dev@g.o
48 > gentoo-dev mailing list