From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: xtv@×××××.de
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Antwort: Re: [gentoo-dev] YaST will be GPL [Virus checked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:45:23
1 I think the best aproach to this is:
2
3 1. Standardize a configuration backend.
4 Fileformat, parsers, filesystemlocation and that stuff
5 2. Convince developers to follow the standard.
6 3. Interface with it
7 HTML, QT, GTK anything goes...
8
9 My sugestions
10 1. Develop an XML-Shema for configuration, documentation and general
11 meta-data.
12 2. Make step 1 good enough... it should be easier to follow the standard
13 than to make you own configuration manager.
14 3. webmin?
15
16 -John