From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:13:49
1 Mike Doty wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 >> How do you kick someone out of a project? Currently, I know of no way
5 >> to do so.
6 >
7 > It's at the leads discretion. For amd64 me and my OP leads talk it over
8 > and make a decision. I suspect that most leads simply don't have the
9 > balls to remove someone. It's not an enjoyable task.
10
11 Never had to do, probably because nobody really did anything to require
12 that, cleaning the herd from people not interested/active anymore on the
13 other hand...
14
15 > .
16 >> What process is required for someone to join a project? Currently,
17 >> anyone can add themselves to any project without any consent from the
18 >> project itself.
19
20 > It's also the leads discretion. Were someone try to add themselves to a
21 > project I run without chatting with me(or my OP leads) first, he'd find
22 > himself quietly removed at best.
23
24 Usually people ask to the leads/team before joining in...
27 lu
31 Luca Barbato
32
33 Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC