From: Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:01:12
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > How do you kick someone out of a project? Currently, I know of no way
4 > to do so.
5
6 It's at the leads discretion. For amd64 me and my OP leads talk it over
7 and make a decision. I suspect that most leads simply don't have the
8 balls to remove someone. It's not an enjoyable task.
9 .
10 > What process is required for someone to join a project? Currently,
11 > anyone can add themselves to any project without any consent from the
12 > project itself. The only real counter-examples to this are projects
13 > which require some kind of specific authorization to join, such as
14 > devrel or infra, since they have access controls.
15
16 It's also the leads discretion. Were someone try to add themselves to a
17 project I run without chatting with me(or my OP leads) first, he'd find
18 himself quietly removed at best.
19
20 [snip]
21