From: Sami Samhuri <sami@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Segregating KDE?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:27:59
1 * On Sat Sep-18-2004 at 01:13:20 PM -0700, Anthony Gorecki said:
2 > On Saturday 18 September 2004 12:45 pm, Dan Armak wrote:
3 >
4 > > IMHO the best way, from the maintainers' POV, would be to be able to use
5 > > perfectly ordinary separate ebuilds for KDE apps. And, this would require
6 > > something like the config cache to be viable.
7 >
8 > ccache could be quite helpful, regardless of the package that was being built;
9 > I agree that it would improve KDE compilation time, especially. What do you
10 > mean by "being viable"? I haven't had a chance to experiment with the
11 > software, though I thought it was already working reasonably well for most
12 > computer systems.
13
14 ccache != config cache!
15
16 ccache caches binaries built from C code.
17
18 Dan was talking about a configure (as in ./configure before a make)
19 cache.
22 Sami Samhuri