From: Nick Devito <nick125@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE and Ruby herd call for help
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:36:50
1 On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 13:39 -0700, Aaron Kulbe wrote:
2 > On 8/22/06, Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o> wrote:
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > Right now both the KDE and Ruby herds (which, informally, I am
6 > the *lead*
7 > on both) are hurting for people. I don't have the time to
8 > work on general
9 > maintenance and bugs at the moment, so we need some
10 > help. I've sent out a
11 > request for help in the GWN a few weeks ago and got a lot of
12 > good leads on
13 > potential new devs, but unfortunately I don't have the time
14 > right now to
15 > mentor anyone either.
16 >
17 > If you're able to help in either one of these herds, it would
18 > certainly be
19 > appreciated. You don't need my permission or anything - just
20 > add yourself
21 > to the herd and throw a mail out to the alias saying you're
22 > joining us.
25 > Caleb,
26 >
27 > I'm going to add myself to the Ruby herd, if I can ever get infra- to
28 > get off their asses and put my keys back up on the servers. I had a
29 > total data loss in the last couple weeks, and had to rebuild.
30 >
31 > question... gem is the "official" package manager for Ruby. Why do we
32 > put Ruby stuff, other than the bare minimums to get Ruby running, in
33 > the portage tree? Why not just let gem handle it?
34 >
35 > Cheers,
36 >
37 > Aaron Kulbe
38 > superlag@g.o
39 Here's a (probably bad) idea, but, how about we do something like the
40 way g-cpan does things. It's just an idea, and, I really don't have a
41 clue as to how g-cpan actually works. *shrugs*
42 --
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list