From: Aaron Kulbe <superlag@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE and Ruby herd call for help
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:41:58
1 On 8/22/06, Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > Right now both the KDE and Ruby herds (which, informally, I am the *lead*
6 > on both) are hurting for people. I don't have the time to work on general
7 > maintenance and bugs at the moment, so we need some help. I've sent out a
8 > request for help in the GWN a few weeks ago and got a lot of good leads on
9 > potential new devs, but unfortunately I don't have the time right now to
10 > mentor anyone either.
11 >
12 > If you're able to help in either one of these herds, it would certainly be
13 > appreciated. You don't need my permission or anything - just add yourself
14 > to the herd and throw a mail out to the alias saying you're joining us.
17 Caleb,
18
19 I'm going to add myself to the Ruby herd, if I can ever get infra- to get
20 off their asses and put my keys back up on the servers. I had a total data
21 loss in the last couple weeks, and had to rebuild.
22
23 question... gem is the "official" package manager for Ruby. Why do we put
24 Ruby stuff, other than the bare minimums to get Ruby running, in the portage
25 tree? Why not just let gem handle it?
26
27 Cheers,
28
29 Aaron Kulbe