From: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] $Header:$ and ebuilds
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:58:11
1 Alle venerdì 20 aprile 2007, Fabian Groffen ha scritto:
2 > On 20-04-2007 15:45:00 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 > > > I use it to make deltas of changes made in the tree, and apply those
4 > > > deltas on the overlay I'm using. Without $Header: $ there I have no
5 > > > way to actually see which version I'm dealing with, so which revisions
6 > > > to retrieve for differences.
7 > > > For that reason, I prefer as much files as possible in the tree to have
8 > > > a $Header: $ somewhere, so I can easily sync, keeping my local changes.
9 > >
10 > > Is the info you need in CVS/ ?
11 >
12 > That requires:
13 > a) an up-to-date CVS tree checkout
14 > b) a CVS tree (not a regular rsynced one)
15 > c) parsing of the CVS/Entries file
16 >
17 > So in principle, yes I think it can be done using the CVS directory, but
18 > I prefer not to.
19
20 +1
21
22 Header is useful to know which ebuild have the user
25 Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli - http://dev.gentoo.org/~drizzt/
26 FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff
27 There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
28 We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson