From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] $Header:$ and ebuilds
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:56:09
1 On 20-04-2007 15:45:00 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > > I use it to make deltas of changes made in the tree, and apply those
3 > > deltas on the overlay I'm using. Without $Header: $ there I have no way
4 > > to actually see which version I'm dealing with, so which revisions to
5 > > retrieve for differences.
6 > > For that reason, I prefer as much files as possible in the tree to have
7 > > a $Header: $ somewhere, so I can easily sync, keeping my local changes.
8 >
9 > Is the info you need in CVS/ ?
10
11 That requires:
12 a) an up-to-date CVS tree checkout
13 b) a CVS tree (not a regular rsynced one)
14 c) parsing of the CVS/Entries file
15
16 So in principle, yes I think it can be done using the CVS directory, but
17 I prefer not to.
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level
22 --