From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Chris Gianelloni <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] ROX: maintainer-wanted and apps out of date
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:29:22
1 12.9.2005, 16:03:17, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4 > Many users seem to think that a WONTFIX is non-negotiable. I tend to agree
5 > with them, for the most part. Rather than WONTFIX them, simply tell them that
6 > they won't be included as-is. WONTFIX gives the user the impression that we
7 > are not interested in their work or the package, when this is not the case.
8
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/docs/mw-faq/wontfix.txt
10
11 Telling them that the ebuild "won't be included as-is" pretty much equals
12 WONTFIX, except for the major disadvantage that is can't be tracked via
13 Bugzilla at all... not so much fun really, considering there are over 600 new
14 ebuild bugs there.
17 Best regards,
18
19 Jakub Moc
20 mailto:jakub@g.o
21 GPG signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
22 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
23
24 ... still no signature ;)