From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Robert Cole <robert.cole@×××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] creating ebuilds
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:43:37
1 On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 13:33, Robert Cole wrote:
2 > Someone in this thread said that ACCEPT_KEYWORDS isn't for unstable
3 > ebuilds/packages. If that's the case we don't need ACCEPT_KEYWORDS do we? I
4 > must have it wrong that things go from masked to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to the
5 > stable tree route. I'll do more reading and educate myself as to what
6 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS is for and why apps are flagged that way.
7
8 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS is for testing *ebuilds* not for testing packages. A
9 packages stability/lack thereof has little to do with its KEYWORDS.
10
11 Yes, there are many packages in the tree which would be considered
12 "unstable", such as the beta KDE or the development-sources, but those
13 are generally left unsupported and usually there for the benefit of the
14 project/authors.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Developer, Gentoo Linux
19 Games Team