From: Robert Cole <robert.cole@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] creating ebuilds
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:34:00
1 On Tue January 06 2004 10:02 am, Eldad Zack wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 19:56, Eldad Zack wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 14:33, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
4 > > > I'm sorry for that. It however can be a sign that the tree is not ready
5 > > > for those ebuilds, or that they are in very low demand.
6 > >
7 > > Perhaps we can create some sort of repository for these kind of ebuilds,
8 > > as an outlet for the low-demand ebuilds, where a user could search for
9 > > an ebuild, and not reinvent the wheel, if a package he'd like to install
10 > > falls under this category.
11 > >
12 > > Searching bugzilla would yield the same results, I assume, but it's
13 > > seems to me somewhat less inviting.
14 >
15 > I Just noticed breakmygentoo. maybe a link with a disclaimer from
16 > gentoo.org would come in handy?
17
18 I too found and looked at breakmygentoo.net and it appears not to be much
19 different than just downloading ebuilds out of bugs.gentoo.org. Kinda takes
20 the joys of portage out of the picture. Seems just a lot more presentable
21 than bugs.gentoo.org and a better location for those ebuilds. Still not sure
22 why the dev release of gnome 2.5.x has to be there while KDE 3.2 beta is in
23 the tree just masked. Seems odd. I'm a KDE person so it really doesn't matter
24 other than just for understanding.
25
26 Someone in this thread said that ACCEPT_KEYWORDS isn't for unstable
27 ebuilds/packages. If that's the case we don't need ACCEPT_KEYWORDS do we? I
28 must have it wrong that things go from masked to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to the
29 stable tree route. I'll do more reading and educate myself as to what
30 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS is for and why apps are flagged that way.
31
32 Robert
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list