From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bug voting
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:15:02
1 On Tuesday 27 July 2004 7:52 pm, Gabriel Ebner wrote:
2 > As a user I have to second this view. There are 37 ~amd64 keyword
3 > bugs in bugzilla. (14 of them are from me and would only require
4 > adding ~amd64 to the KEYWORDS.) The oldest simple bug (no replies) is
5 > a week old.
6
7 As a user, or anyone really, your expectations are a bit too high. Let's
8 take one of the bugs you filed, for instance -- dev-util/darcs:
9
10 ...which depends on virtual/ghc (not currently available), wxhaskell (not
11 currently available) which in turn depends on haddock (not currently
12 available).
13
14 You're just in luck that I've been using darcs for the past week or so, and
15 if I give it one more pass tonight, I will make those packages available.
16 And as Ciaran pointed out, we don't blindly keyword packages just because
17 they manage to compile.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]