From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revised: net-www break-up list
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:08:01
1 On Thursday 08 July 2004 16:41, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > For what it's worth, I also argued that php (the language itself) should
3 > be in dev-lang, not dev-php, so using similar reasoning for mod_python
4 > doesn't really appeal to me. Just as the languages are in dev-lang, I
5 > feel that the language-specific apache modules should be in www-apache
6 > (with the caveat that mod_php should probably remain in dev-php because
7 > that's the preferred choice of the php folks).
8
9 Hrm. The whole dev-lang debate is an issue that I think will run as long as
10 there is a Gentoo. It's not something I'm looking to resolve with this
11 re-org.
12
13 I think the best thing to do is this. If a mod_* maintainer wants to put his
14 mod_* package into www-apache rather than dev-<lang>, then okay - provided
15 Zul also agrees to this. Apache's his thing after all.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Stu
19 --
20 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
21 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
22 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
23
24 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
25 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
26 --