From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default useflag cleanups: -apm -foomaticdb -fortran -imlib -motif -oss -xmms
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 00:40:20
1 On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 01:05 +0200, Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > Am Montag, 5. Juni 2006 18:03 schrieb Stefan Schweizer:
3 > > today I would like to propose a few default keywords for removal.
4 > keywords?
5 >
6 > > They are outdated and no longer needed on current systems:
7 > >
8 > > -fortran - Do we really need this outdated language as a default in
9 > > gcc?
10 > Remove this and you'll break merging of approx. 30% of the ebuild in
11 > scientific herd. As long as there is no use-based deps, fortran should
12 > stay in default.
13
14 I had no intentions of touching anything in the
15 default-linux/make.defaults, as they are all there for a reason.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
20 x86 Architecture Team
21 Games - Developer