From: blutgens@._HOSTNAME_
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 status update
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:01:03
1 On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 07:00:58PM -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
2 >
3 >For those of us who have already installed and are successfully running a
4 >gentoo system, would we have any need to reinstall and go through all the
5 >30+ hours of compiles to get back to where we are now? Has anything
6 >essential changed, other than having a more reliable boot cdrom and,
7 >hopefully, error free ebuilds?
8 >
9 "emerge system" should upgrade everything that is part of an install. I don't recommend this unless you absolutely need to though.
10 --
11 Ben Lutgens
12 Sistina Software Inc.
13 Kernel panic: I have no root and I want to scream