From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 status update
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:51:48
1 On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:51:26 +0200 "Mathijs Kwik" <troxx@××××××××.nl>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Daniel and Achim and all other devs
5 > tnx again
6 > enjoy your vacation
9 > ----- Original Message -----
10 > From: "Daniel Robbins" <drobbins@g.o>
11 > To: <gentoo-announce@g.o>; <gentoo-dev@g.o>
12 > Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 9:16 PM
13 > Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 status update
16 > > Hi All,
17 > >
18 > > Well, Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 is around the corner, but first... we need a
19 > > vacation. :)
20 > >
21 > > Achim has been working really hard on our Portage tree, and right now
22 > > everything builds perfectly and all known build problems have been
23 > fixed
24 > for
25 > > our ~700 packages (Thanks Achim!). In addition, we now have a
26 > prototype
27 > boot
28 > > CD that actually works. So, we are _very_ close to the Gentoo Linux
29 > 1.0_rc5
30 > > release; everything is falling into place.
31 > >
32 > > However, Achim is starting a new web company and has a lot of
33 > outstanding
34 > work
35 > > to complete; also, I have quite a few articles to write over here. So,
36 > in
37 > > order to catch up on our consulting responsibilities, we'll be on
38 > "vacation"
39 > > from Gentoo Linux development for one week, starting today. We'll
40 > resume
41 > work
42 > > on Gentoo Linux one week from now, on June 18th. Since we have about
43 > one
44 > week
45 > > left of work before Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 is ready (mainly boot CD
46 > refinements
47 > > and package building), you can expect Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 to be
48 > released
49 > very
50 > > close to June 25th. This date should be fairly accurate, since 95% of
51 > the
52 > > 1.0_rc5 work is already complete and is sitting on CVS, waiting to be
53 > built.
54 > >
55 > > Developers:
56 > >
57 > > Achim has tagged all the 1.0_rc5 stuff, so you can continue making
58 > improvements
59 > > to CVS without worry. However, please try to hang out on #gentoo and
60 > answer
61 > > any gentoo-dev posts about your work (and any other questions, if you
62 > can.)
65 I hope you both have a wonderful vacation - glueckliche Ferien!
66
67 For those of us who have already installed and are successfully running a
68 gentoo system, would we have any need to reinstall and go through all the
69 30+ hours of compiles to get back to where we are now? Has anything
70 essential changed, other than having a more reliable boot cdrom and,
71 hopefully, error free ebuilds?
74 Thanks,
75 --
76 Collins Richey