From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Partimage on the livecd
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:24:44
1 Christian Zoffoli wrote:
2
3 > (FYI projects like qtparted are officially death).
4
5 Well ... I'm not so sure about that. QTParted and its underlying parted
6 do not work safely with NTFS or reiserfs. As far as I know, they work
7 with ext2 and FAT32, and may work with ext3. That's it! Partition Magic,
8 which is licensed, works with NTFS (but not reiserfs).
11 > And I'm agree with many users that want a recovery solution integrated
12 > with the "install disk".
13
14 I've got a stack of "rescue CDs" -- Knoppix, Kanotix, Fedora Core 3
15 rescue, etc. Most of the rescue tasks I need to get done can also be
16 done by Damn Small and by the Gentoo LiveCD. The one I reach for,
17 though, is Knoppix, because I have more experience with it.
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list