From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Access to DRM render nodes from portage sandbox?
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 19:14:23
1 On Wed, 9 May 2018 19:54:16 +0100
2 "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Do correct me if I'm mistaken ...
5
6 Right, just the statement of:
7
8 "I wonder how that pans out for other init systems"
9
10 Understandably introduces some confusion, when udev is not an init
11 system, and is frequently used in conjunction with one ;)
12
13 ... either by using the systemd backed version, or our systemd-free
14 fork.
15
16 And out fork pretty much replicates changes from systemd:
19 https://github.com/gentoo/eudev/commit/bb070c154e7064c752b13a4f84ecad9201a2f460
20
21 However, unlike the systemd side where the definition of
22 GROUP_RENDER_MODE is clear:
23 https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/7112/files#diff-f2ff94c68cbdd606743b339aa68a4164
24
25 How that value gets assigned on eudev is not at all clear.