From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Access to DRM render nodes from portage sandbox?
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 18:54:29
1 On 09/05/18 19:50, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Wed, 9 May 2018 18:12:32 +0100
3 > "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 >>> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
6 >>> It's worth noting that the default rules shipped with udev assign mode
7 >>> 0666 to the /dev/dri/renderD* device nodes. So, outside of a sanbox
8 >>> environment, any user may access these devices.
9 >>>
10 >>> This was merged as part of this PR: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/7112
11 >>>
12 >> How does that pan out for other init systems?
13 > udev
14 >
15 > Which practically everyone uses regardless of init system. Even openrc users.
16 >
17 > Upstream, udev is part of systemd now.
18 ^ That is relatively common knowledge .. my question was more steered
19 towards whether Eudev is carrying this feature through as well (which
20 likely as they might ... ) I believe eudev was voted to become the
21 default implementation for Gentoo, to complement openRC as it was
22 becoming impossible to maintain udev-standalone separate from systemd.
23
24 Do correct me if I'm mistaken ...