From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 04:01:01
1 On 08/07/14 19:17, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 07/09/2014 01:22 AM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> And some personal thoughts about the initial proposal...
4 >> I don't care about the suggestion 3. in mgorny's proposal at all, but 1.
5 >> and 2. should definately
6 >> stay as is.
7 > What authority does the game team have over anything? Did it get special
8 > blessing from the Council? Isn't it just another regular project as per
9 > GLEP 39?
14 Not everything we have had since-always-standing is documented,
15 unfortunately -- games has always been special from others
16 Still, even if it's undocumented, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist
17
18 It's like the amd64/x86 stabilization exception that everyone
19 who can test them can mark them, "everyone" knew it existed
20 but it wasn't documented properly
21
22 Sure, we should drive to getting everything documented, to avoid
23 thesekind of confusions with newer people...
24
25 - Samuli