From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 04:24:24
1 On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:55:54 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
5 > On 08/07/14 19:17, Michael Palimaka wrote:
6 > > On 07/09/2014 01:22 AM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
7 > >> And some personal thoughts about the initial proposal...
8 > >> I don't care about the suggestion 3. in mgorny's proposal at all,
9 > >> but 1. and 2. should definately
10 > >> stay as is.
11 > > What authority does the game team have over anything? Did it get
12 > > special blessing from the Council? Isn't it just another regular
13 > > project as per GLEP 39?
14 >
15 > Not everything we have had since-always-standing is documented,
16 > unfortunately -- games has always been special from others
17 > Still, even if it's undocumented, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist
18
19 If it would have special blessing, it would be documented in one of the
20 Council logs and/or summaries; that is about the only way it can receive
21 it, apart from a large scale thread showing the same wide agreement.
22
23 > [...] confusions with newer people...
24
25 Ironically; my first Portage tree action "add a directory" got a "don't
26 throw [expletive] into [games category]" reply, before adding the ebuild.
27
28 One really can't expect new people to start to address a team like
29 that prior to addition; I've assumed for some time that contacting the
30 teams is a necessity before addition of an ebuild, but that quickly
31 turned out to be false for most if not all other teams.
34 With kind regards,
35
36 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
37 Gentoo Developer
38
39 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
40 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
41 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D