From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:11:15
1 On 09/07/14 07:24, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 >> [...] confusions with newer people...
3 > Ironically; my first Portage tree action "add a directory" got a "don't
4 > throw [expletive] into [games category]" reply, before adding the ebuild.
5 >
6 > One really can't expect new people to start to address a team like
7 > that prior to addition; I've assumed for some time that contacting the
8 > teams is a necessity before addition of an ebuild, but that quickly
9 > turned out to be false for most if not all other teams.
12 Well, I consider gnome-base/ to be gnome@g.o's "territory" in sense that
13 I'd contact the team prior to adding a ebuild there
14 Likewise I consider both, xfce-base/ and xfce-extra/ as well as anything
15 with xfce@g.o in metadata.xml to be xfce@g.o's "territory" in sense that
16 I'd be slightly annoyed if someone adds/modifies/... an Xfce ebuild without
17 consulting me (or angelos). But, if it's done properly, like hasufell added
18 properly added xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin to xfce-extra/, I'll stay quiet,
19 because it wouldn't achieve anything to complain about something you
20 would have added _exactly_ the same way line-by-line
21 Likewise I consider kde-base/ to be kde@g.o's "territory"
22
23 And I'm sure the tree has more of these...