From: Ralph Sennhauser <sera@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: l10n.eclass
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:35:39
1 On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:37:32 +0800
2 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I got a few more suggestions on IRC, and I have updated the eclass
5 > accordingly. Please check the attached new version, also available at
6 > https://gitorious.org/gentoo-qt/qt/blobs/master/eclass/l10n.eclass
7
8 Pseudo inlining
9
10 > # Add linguas useflags
11 > if [[ -n "${PLOCALES}" ]]; then
12 > for u in ${PLOCALES}; do
13 > IUSE+=" linguas_${u}"
14 > done
15 > fi
16
17 no need to guard the loop against empty $PLOCALES.
18
19 > l10n_for_each_locale_do() {
20 > local locs x
21 > locs=$(l10n_get_locales)
22 > if [[ -n "${locs}" ]]; then
23 > for x in ${locs}; do
24 > ${@} ${x} || die "failed to process enabled
25 > ${x} locale" done
26 > fi
27 > }
28
29 same here, no guarding required and "${@}" should be quoted as it may
30 contain args with spaces. Also in l10n_for_each_disabled_locale_do.
31
32 > # ones. This function is normally used internally in this eclass, not
33 > by # l10n.eclass consumers.
34 > l10n_get_locales() {
35
36 I'd mark this function @INTERNAL then, at least until someone can
37 presents a use case.
38 If you are sufficiently sure this function shouldn't be used by
39 consumers you could remove the function in favour of 'use linguas_${x}
40 || continue' in l10n_for_each_locale_do resp 'use linguas_${x}
41 && continue' in l10n_for_each_disabled_locale_do.