From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: l10n.eclass
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:38:25
1 On 19 July 2012 21:14, Ralph Sennhauser <sera@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I assume the P in PLOCALS stands for package. Not that obvious if you
4 > ask me. L10N_LOCALS would at least tell me which eclass this variable
5 > belongs to.
6
7 Yes, as P is widely used to refer to the package. I wanted something to
8 reflect that these are the locales offered by the package.
9
10 > Instead of using LINGUAS you should make use of the use function to get
11 > your cross sections. ie.
12 >
13 > for locale in ${PLOCALES}; do
14 > if use linguas_${locale}; then
15 > enabled_locales+=" ${locale}"
16 > else
17 > disabled_locales+=" ${locale}"
18 > fi
19 > done
20 >
21 > First, this is guaranteed by PMS and so independent of package manager
22 > and second, you do not have to care about locales in LINGUAS which are
23 > invalid for the package. Could be that Portage re-exports a sanitized
24 > LINGUAS tough, but I doubt it.
25
26 This is a good suggestion, as it makes things simpler and more along
27 expected lines.
28
29 I got a few more suggestions on IRC, and I have updated the eclass
30 accordingly. Please check the attached new version, also available at
31 https://gitorious.org/gentoo-qt/qt/blobs/master/eclass/l10n.eclass
34 Cheers,
35
36 Ben | yngwin
37 Gentoo developer
38 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin

l10n.eclass application/octet-stream