From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Help offered - Portage tree
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:43:52
1 Fabio Erculiani a écrit :
2 > I might found around 150-200 bugs on (R)DEPEND. Take 200 on about 6500
3 > packages we have in our repository, if I take 5 minutes each, I'd end
4 > up to take 16 hours.
5
6 Then open a reduced number of bugs, say one per portage category that
7 has over 20 bugs and group the rest in a one or 2 other bug reports.
8
9 Then bug wranglers can start sifting through the list to see if you've
10 been smoking crack or not and add relevant herds/arch teams/maintainers
11 as CC to those bugs to get them fixed.
12
13 I've done this before on a much smaller scale (20+ packages) and others
14 have too for other issues (eg. Flameeyes with WANT_AUTO* which started
15 out as a huge list of 100+ packages) and this process has always worked
16 fine so far.
17
18 > To build my previous list, I took about 30
19 > minutes, it's not that big, but even that small.
20 > So, what I just wanted to try to build up is a fast lane.
21
22 Bugzilla is still the fastest lane around. We're not the LKML, bugzilla
23 _is_ our primary tool.
24
25 > When I say "I don't have time", it means that I can't waste my time
26 > fighting with some of you just because you have the knife in your hand
27 > and like to make fun of me.
28
29 Honestly, this is borderline paranoia. Most of us get bug reports from
30 people we've never heard of, living in countries we've never been to,
31 with ages and social backgrounds that we don't even know (or care) about.
32
33 And I have yet to see a Gentoo dev closing a bug as
34 WONTFIXBECAUSEIDONTLIKEYOU. :)
35
36 > BTW, It's funny to see the difference of attitudes from here and IRC,
37 > let me underline that :) So this is a neutral ground.
38
39 I'll add that Bugzilla is also very neutral, even more so than mailing
40 lists AFAICS.
41
42 Cheers,
43