From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 19:28:52
1 On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:18:24 -0400
2 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I've occasionally noticed portage tell me about circular dependencies,
4 > where the most straight forward resolution is to emerge some package
5 > in the loop twice. The first time, with a USE flag disabled (avahi and
6 > gtk are the usual suspects), and the second time with the USE flag
7 > enabled.
8 >
9 > In circumstances where it's necessary to do something like that to
10 > reach a final desired system state, I'm not sure I see any problem
11 > with portage automatically doing the two-stage emerge.
12
13 That's going to be rather horrible when your package mangler
14 "temporarily" turns off acl or turns on build...
17 Ciaran McCreesh