From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing separate "security supported" arch list
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 17:05:04
1 On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:05:20AM +0200, Micha=C5=82 G=C3=B3rny wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >=20
4 > Splitting from the discussion in [1] (moving more arhitectures to
5 > ~arch), I'd like to propose that we remove the "security supported"
6 > architecture list from [2] and instead level security support with
7 > the general architecture support in Gentoo, e.g. by having all
8 > architectures with stable profiles be "security supported".
11 I fully support this approach and have long advocated for it.
12
13 Overall, all stables arches should be security supported and if
14 they begin lagging behind they should be dropped to unstable.
15
16 I am sure there are some nuances, but this is a great start.
17
18 Let's do it!
19
20 -Aaron