From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] wget abuse of sources.g.o must stop
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 06:20:19
1 On 11-07-2008 16:16:42 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > I was tracing into why sources.gentoo.org is so slow at times, and
3 > gives errors, timeouts etc. I found that there is wget being used
4 > against the site, with a lot of rapid-fire requests for the *checkout*
5 > URLs - most often for entire directories. And very often, right when
6 > wget is being used, the sources.g.o performance sucks badly.
7
8 I just changed the prefix script "ecopy" to use anon cvs instead of
9 wget. I have no clue how often the script is used, but I really hope
10 not that often that it could cause the problems on sources.g.o.
14 Fabian Groffen
15 Gentoo on a different level
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list