From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: wolf31o2@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:37:14
1 On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:28:50 -0400
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 07:30 -0400, Michael Cummings wrote:
5 > > banning/suspending a user from a mailing list. They would retain the
6 > > right to receive the mail, just not comment for a short period (and
7 > > hopefully cooler heads will prevail, yada, etc.).
8 >
9 > You mean the privilege to receive the mails, right?
10 >
11 Actually, not exactly :) Not knowing anything about the particular list
12 management software we're using, of course, and basing this only my
13 experience with other mailing lists and our own (ancient) listserv's
14 here at work, users can be placed in read-only status, which means they
15 can't post to the list, but still receive the mailings. Possibly not
16 feasible with out particular list implementation, but something I
17 thought I'd toss out there.
22 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
23 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
24 Gentoo/SPARC
25 Gentoo/AMD64
26 GPG: 0543 6FA3 5F82 3A76 3BF7 8323 AB5C ED4E 9E7F 4E2E