From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE & KEYWORDS relation
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:06:48
1 On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 20:47 +0100, Francesco Riosa wrote:
2 > bob already know how to downgrade but he can't because his boss has
3 > crashed its chair on his head and now he his at the hospital.
4 > bad boss, bad world
5
6 In your scenario, Bob is an Admin. If Bob were *my* admin and had not
7 taken the time to read the ChangeLog for the package and not made
8 changes on the test network before making them to the production
9 network, Bob would be looking for a new job after that coffee. Also, if
10 Bob were not smart enough to not stay with the stable portion of Gentoo,
11 which is designed to not have feature loss and other such problems, but
12 was instead using the "testing" branch on production servers, then Bob
13 would be looking for a new job and I would be looking for a smarter
14 administrator.
15
16 The whole point is that if you are blindly upgrading *anything* that you
17 rely on for day-to-day work, that really there is only one person to
18 blame, and that is yourself.
21 Chris Gianelloni
23 Games - Developer
24 Gentoo Linux