From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming Infra maintenance/downtimes: anon{cvs,svn,git}, archives, bouncer, overlays
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:40:52
1 On 18-01-2008 03:32:36 -0800, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > > The problem is that emerge --sync obfuscates that SVN is being used
3 > > underneath. Some (most?) users will not have a clue they are using SVN.
4 > How about rolling out a prefix-portage update that just kicks them into
5 > updating it?
6
7 That's exactly what I asked the transition period for. I'll do this
8 asap. I only need the little period for people to catch up and do it.
9 As long as the majority switches, it's all fine.
10
11 Since you enabled svn:// on the old box, I can already roll a version
12 out this weekend, so people are told to switch. At the same time I can
13 update the bootstrap images/snapshot and scripts to use the new scheme,
14 and install a prefix-portage that uses/supports the new scheme.
15
16 Thanks.
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level