From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] first council meeting
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:02:36
1 On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 17:25 -0400, Olivier Crete wrote:
2 > What does that glep mean anyways ? Appart from the creation of the x86
3 > team, is there any action to be taken?
4 > - Is the maint keyword approved?
5
6 No. It was a suggestion, but was never added to the GLEP.
7
8 > - Does it mean that devs who are not part of the x86 team can't move
9 > packages from ~x86 to x86 ?
10
11 Correct. They can, however, make previous arrangements with the x86
12 arch team to allow them to stabilize their own packages. What this says
13 is "I acknowledge that anything that I break or that breaks on x86 with
14 my package, I get to fix and is not the responsibility of the x86 arch
15 team." The x86 team will keep a list of these developers. This is
16 similar (or identical) to how other arch teams work. For example, I'm
17 not a member of the amd64 arch team, but they know I have an amd64 and
18 use it as my primary development box, so I have made arrangements with
19 them so I can ~amd64 -> amd64 my own packages. If something breaks, I
20 pick up the pieces, not them.
21
22 > - Is there something else I failed to read?
23
24 Not that I'm aware of.
27 Chris Gianelloni
29 Games - Developer