From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: adding support for running eautoconf to base.eclass
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:05:13
1 Fabian Groffen kirjoitti:
2 > I think it should not be added as it hides something quite important.
3 > - it takes a lot of time on most platforms I run
4 > - it may break (especially during bootstrapping, eautoreconfs are hell)
5 > - it may introduce extra deps/caution (e.g. gettext macros being available)
6 >
7 > So I'd prefer to keep it quite clear that this is happening, instead of
8 > hiding it somewhere in an obscure corner of the ebuild.
11 I didn't propose always running it. I don't think spotting EAUTORECONF
12 is any harder than eautoreconf.
13
14 Regards,
15 Petteri